As some of you are aware I have been working on a set of road and track standards for future train layouts. The intension is to bring a greater level of realism and detail to our layouts and create a layout where all the elements are tied together in one fantastic scene. The first steps toward this goal and how it could all work can be found here.
My main goals for this include.
1. A System that can be Easily Built and is Versatile- Modularity is the key here
2. Track Ballast and Ties- I’m a train guy and this one is a must for me
3. More Detailed Streets- Road plates a nice but lack versatility
4. A Trolley System- I’m also a trolley fan so this is one I’v been looking forward to including in our layouts
5. Easy Integration with Existing Structures- Buildings built at baseplate level can easily be integrated with brick spacers.
Where: Toys ‘R’ Us
When: 14-20 Feb 2010
What: 20% off “these new LEGO sets.” Shown in ad:
8189 Power Miners: Magma Mech, srp $20, tru $20, sale $16
5982 Space Police: Smash ‘n Grab, srp $20, tru $20, sale $16
7593 Toy Story: Buzz’s Star Command Spaceship, srp $30, tru $31, sale $25
7594 Toy Story: Woody’s Roundup, srp $50, tru $50, sale $40
8088 Star Wars: ARC-170, srp $60, tru $63, sale $51
8087 Star Wars: TIE Defender, srp $50, tru $53, sale $43
7206 City: Fire Helicopter, srp $40, tru $40, sale $32
7208 City: Fire Station, srp $80, tru $80, sale $64
The LEGO LUGBULK Program was a big success last year so we have decided to continue the program – still as a pilot which can be terminated anytime – in 2010 but with some adjustments and even more defined rules based on our experience from last year.
We are happy to announce, that we in 2010 can offer the LEGO LUGBULK Program also in the USA.
Some good news for LUGs this year with the extension of the LUGBULK program and its expansion into the USA. LUGs must meet these criteria (zipped .doc) which can be summarised as follows: 10 members, 2 public shows a year, official website, at least 1 year old. If you believe your LUG may be applicable read the instructions (zipped .doc) and send the important info to Jan by the 31st of Jan or 16th of May.
Pennsylvania LEGO® User Group — State of Brickdependence